[Air-L] Readings on Data Brokers

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Sat May 4 10:55:41 PDT 2013

I am being asked to become a "Data Broker" in government. This seems an old
mid 1990's term yet I see nothing in the list archive around this concept or
role. While I know service behaviour I am looking to read something in the
nature of a business book or deeper study with a social science or technical
foundation that can help me move along to get into  this role. The boss
asking this is also a former Internet Studies scholar so he may be lifting
this term "Data Broker" from the 1990's. I work in a national statistics
agency where sometimes I write about internet use statistics but this is
only a sometime job that I am allowed because I have read the work of many A
o IR scholars. My real in demand skills are statistical programming not my
knowledge of the Internet.

So do you have any references to studies talking about "Data Brokers"?