[Air-L] Scales for social media participation akin to "experience"?

Alex Leavitt alexleavitt at gmail.com
Wed May 8 18:43:08 PDT 2013

Hi AoIR-ers!

Does anyone know of any scales that measure the "experience" of a user that
participates in social media platforms (this could also cover things like
older online communities and online MMOs). By experience, I'm talking about
familiarity with a platform/community's technical features, social norms,
folk history, etc. This might cover things like relative skill on the site,
but I'm not interested in use in a general or beginner sense (but perhaps
use of advanced features as a marker of being experience).

If you email me off-list, I can compile everyone's references.

Thanks for the help!
Alex

---

Alexander Leavitt
PhD Student
USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
http://alexleavitt.com
Twitter: @alexleavitt