[Air-L] Fantomton release [FT006] Radarstation 2

wallace wallace at autistici.org
Thu May 2 13:12:57 PDT 2013

Out now!!: the new Fantomton release [FT006] Radarstation 2

Download here for free:
http://fantomton.de/ft006-radarstation-2/

The abandoned listening station on the Teufelsberg Berlin has a magical
atmosphere. The industrial area with its rusty metal surfaces, broken
glass and the unique acoustic in the domes provide a rich repertoire of
fascinating sounds which reflect the area’s ambience.

We could not resist the attraction of the place and visited it in 2009,
equipped with microphones and recording devices.
Subsequently the recordings were given to some musicians in order to get
different interpretations of the sound material. The goal was to
translate the impressions of the place into music.

Recently more artists decided to work with our sound material to produce
new tracks for this second Radarstation album, thus creating more
versatile perspectives of that soundscape.