[Air-L] Voting Open & A Question for Candidates

Stacy Blasiola sblasi2 at uic.edu
Wed May 29 10:11:04 PDT 2013

Hi Alex and all,

Alex, thanks for your question.

I think some great suggestions have been made here. I would add that I
believe one of the best ways to impact the conference is by influencing
what goes on between conferences. I think organically cultivating
relationships through the email lists (and as I mentioned specifically in
revamping the grad student list) would help to make the conference less
intimating to first time goers, and give people another reason to go (I'd
like to meet these people I've been communicating with).

To Kelly's point, I really like the idea of appointing individuals to
coordinate AoIR meet-ups at other conferences. I think that is a "between
the conference" activity that would help further the goals of growing
membership, fostering relationships, and generating build up to our own
conference that helps get people excited about who we are and what we do.

Alex, thanks again for your question.

Cheers,
Stacy