[Air-L] Tenure Track post at University of Maryland for those who love quantitative data and freedom of the press

Sarah Ann Oates soates at umd.edu
Mon Nov 4 12:37:35 PST 2013

To add to recent job openings -- we also are extending our tenure track search for an Assistant Professor in Quantitative Methods/Journalism. This is about innovating the future of journalism -- we're really keen to get someone who can add to our ability to do this through methods such as data visualization, big data analysis, etc. It's a research/teaching job -- we aren't looking for people who were/are journalists, just people who believe that journalism is critical to democracy (and have a research agenda that reflects this via political communication, etc.) I actually have a PhD in Political Science and I LOVE being in a journalism college! Plus the University of Maryland is a strong, rising research institution inside the DC beltway.

https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/22717

Any questions, don't hesitate to contact me informally at soates at umd.edu. We've extended the 'best consideration date' to November 15th 2013.

SAO

Sarah Oates
Professor and Senior Scholar
Philip Merrill College of Journalism
2100L  John S. and James L. Knight Hall
University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742-7111
phone: +1 301 405 4510

Email: soates at umd.edu