[Air-L] New Book: Internet and Emotions

Felix Stalder felix at openflows.com
Sun Nov 24 05:58:57 PST 2013

On 11/20/2013 10:44 PM, Peter Timusk wrote:

> Of course the topic is neutral enough and large subject words in the
> title, so I bet the local universities have it soon.

Sure, they probably will. And that is what the publisher is likely to
count on. But this price means that four other books, perhaps in less
popular fields that ours, will not be bought, because the price of this
book is five times the normal price.

It is perhaps less extreme than in the case of many journals, but what
commercial publishers are doing here may well be similarly destructive.

Felix