[Air-L] Oxford Internet Institute MSc in Social Science of the Internet (DL 22 Nov)

Vili Lehdonvirta vili at lehdonvirta.com
Fri Nov 15 08:28:54 PST 2013

Hi All,

My department is increasing its MSc student intake for the next year. Please do let any undergraduates know who might be interested. The application deadline is next Friday already. I personally look forward to supervising students interested in online markets, virtual currencies, and digital work. The programme caters to many other interests as well (see below).

---

In the context of consistently high demand over the first four years, we are delighted to announce that our challenging Master’s degree 'Social Science of the Internet' will be expanding its intake by 50%, from 20 to 30 students per year from 2014. Scholarship funding is available for the best candidates via the department's own scholarship fund and University-allocated awards such as the Clarendon Fund. The degree offers cutting-edge multi-disciplinary study of life online, including options in the law, politics or economics of the Internet as well as rigorous training in online data collection, analysis and management appropriate for careers in data science. For more information on the programme and how to apply, visit our MSc website http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/graduatestudy/msc/

---

--
Dr Vili Lehdonvirta
Virtual economies and digital work