[Air-L] Deadline extension - CEPE 2014

Charles Ess charles.ess at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 22:44:48 PST 2013

Dear AoIRists,

Please circulate and distribute widely:

In light of a considerable number of requests, we are extending the
submission deadline for CEPE 2014 to December 13, 2013.

Computer Ethics, Philosophical Enquiry (CEPE) 2014 ­ Well-Being,
Flourishing, and ICTs.  June 25-27, 2014. Paris, France.

In collaboration with Ethicomp, this joint event is hosted by CERNA
(Commission de réflexion sur l'Ethique de la Recherche en sciences et
technologies du Numérique d'Allistene) and will be held in Les Cordeliers on
the campus of Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France.

Please see the conference website for more details: <http://cepe2014.org>

For CEPE¹14 we invite submissions ­ including panels ­ that address the core
concerns with well-being and flourishing in an age of ICTs. We encourage
research and reflection that approach these thematics from a wide array of
viewpoints and with attention to specific foci including:

ICTs and development

technosecurity and cyber-warfare

robots and robot ethics for humans and humane lives;

social computing

global / cultural perspectives on ICTs and the good life

Important Dates
13 December 2013      Latest date to submit abstracts to Easychair

25 January 2014                Authors informed of programme committee
decisions by this date

5 April 2014        Last date for receipt of full papers from authors
(electronic version)

Panels

Submission due: December 15th, 2013

Selection/notification: February 15th, 2014

Submissions will be accepted via Easychair:
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/submission_new.cgi?a=5138535

Many thanks in advance, and on behalf of the Organizing Committee,

Elizabeth Buchanan (University of Wisconsin-Stout, US), Executive Director,
INSEIT
Charles Ess (University of Oslo), Conference Chair; President, INSEIT
Shalini Kesar (Southern Utah University, US), Program Chair
Bernd Carsten Stahl (De Montfort University), Chair, ETHICOMP Steering
Committee
Jean-Gabriel Ganascia (University Pierre et Marie Curie - Sorbonne
Universités)
Max Dauchet (LIFL - Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale de Lille)

- Charles Ess
Professor in Media Studies
Department of Media and Communication
Director, Centre for Research on Media Innovations
<http://www.hf.uio.no/imk/english/research/center/media-innovations/>

Co-editor, Etikk i praksis / Nordic Journal of Applied Ethics
Guest Professor, Philosophy Department, University of Vienna (Fall, 2013)

My latest book, Digital Media Ethics, is now available from Polity:
http://www.politybooks.com/book.asp?ref=0745656056

University of Oslo
P.O. Box 1093 Blindern
NO-0317