[Air-L] Researching Crowdfunding and Online Community

Alexandra.Stiver Alexandra.Stiver at open.ac.uk
Tue Nov 5 05:24:22 PST 2013

Dear colleagues,

My name is Alex Stiver and I’m a PhD researcher in the Centre for Research in Computing (http://crc.open.ac.uk/) at The Open University (UK).

We are carrying out a three-year funded project related to online community and crowdfunding.  Our research hopes to unearth knowledge not only about what makes crowdfunding projects successful financially, but also the nature of the relationship between crowdfunding projects and online community: how do the two impact each other across factors such as collaboration, networking, and feedback?

We are wondering if colleagues may have experience with crowdfunding, and would be willing to share their stories and impressions with us: perspectives on the role of project creators or funders, involvement with the community (online or offline) associated with the project, and specific thoughts on crowdfunding platforms and processes.  We would be most grateful to hear from you and to be in touch further.

Please contact me <alexandra.stiver <at> open.ac.uk> if you would be willing to contribute, or for further information about the project.

Many thanks!

Alex
-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).