[Air-L] Quantified Self

Greg Wise Greg.Wise at asu.edu
Mon Nov 4 10:18:01 PST 2013

Hi, all,
I posted this on another listserv last week. So my apologies to those who have seen it already.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of recent critical work looking at the Quantified Self movement as a whole. I know Deborah Lupton has been writing in the area, and there was a piece in New Media and Society last year (by Bossewitch and Sinnreich). There have been a number of articles in the popular press, and on blogs. Just want to see if it's being addressed, especially from a cultural studies perspective, elsewhere.

Cheers,

Greg

Dr. J. Macgregor Wise
Professor of Communication Studies
School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences
Arizona State University
4701 West Thunderbird Road
Glendale, AZ 85306-4908
(602) 543 6646; (602) 543 4565 (fax)