[Air-L] Researching Crowdfunding and Online Community

Daren Brabham brabham at usc.edu
Tue Nov 5 08:15:09 PST 2013

I would also point you to http://www.crowdsourcing.org/ to find some stuff
on crowdfunding (and crowdsourcing). The site is an aggregator of sorts for
anything that discusses these issues. There's not much of a filter, for
better or worse, so just about any company or scholarly article that claims
to be about crowdsourcing or crowdfunding ends up catalogued on the site. It
may serve as a good starting point, though, for tracking down key studies,
companies, or researchers on crowdfunding.

As a crowdsourcing researcher, I haven't done much on crowdfunding (which I
consider conceptually distinct!), but I'm working on a paper now about how
the discourse on crowdfunding may affect public arts funding - get in touch
in a few weeks and I can share a copy of it.

Cheers,

db

---
Daren C. Brabham, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
Editor, Case Studies in Strategic Communication | www.csscjournal.org
University of Southern California
3502 Watt Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089
(213) 740-2007 office | (801) 633-4796 cell
brabham at usc.edu | www.darenbrabham.com