[Air-L] Social Science Research Tools for Human Coders - Recommendations?

Amar Ashar ashar at cyber.law.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 19 08:44:04 PST 2013

Hi All-

I'm writing on behalf of the Media Cloud
<http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/research/mediacloud> team at the Berkman
Center with a request for research help: does anyone know of existing
tools/interfaces that work well for coding URLs? Specifically, we're
looking for existing tools that automatically serve up a URL to 1+ human
coders, ask 1+ questions of them (including branches), record the
answer(s), and then seamlessly serve up the next URL in the set. We've
looked at a few different survey and text analysis tools, from Qualtrics
to various commercial and open-source platforms, but haven't found one
that has this specific function. If anyone knows of anything out there
it might be useful for us to look at, including free software we could
remix for this purpose, or other recommendations, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!
Amar

--

Amar Ashar