[Air-L] #ELD14 Program Announcements

AJ Kelton ajk407 at nyu.edu
Tue Nov 26 08:17:56 PST 2013

The 2014 Emerging Learning Design Program Committee will soon be announcing
our first round of acceptances for the May 30th, 2014 program.

Don't wait until the January 26th, 2014 proposal submission deadline!
 Thanks to our *early acceptance policy*, you don't want to miss out if we
fill the program before the deadline.  We also use a r*evise-and-resubmit
process*, so you'll get feedback on your proposal from our review committee.

*Submit today!  http://eld.montclair.edu/eld14-call
<http://eld.montclair.edu/eld14-call>*

As a reminder, the Early Bird Registration pricing is now available and
start at only $95 for the entire day, including breakfast and lunch.

*THERE ARE A VERY LIMITED NUMBER OF REGISTRATIONS* available at this low
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION pricing, so be sure to take advantage of the lowest
registration price possible.

In order to take advantage of this great rate, just click this
link<http://eld14.eventbrite.com/?aff=AIRlist>
.

For more information on the ELD14 Conference, please visit
http://eld.montclair.edu/

The 2014 Conference Theme  is "
*“The New Learner – Transforming Education” *In a culture of constant
change, openness to sharing, and the world at their fingertips, our
students are learning differently and they are less likely to be responsive
to past practices of passive learning.  With growing access to the digital
world, our students’ learning is no longer confined to the classroom. Rapid
and continuous evolution of technology has created a new learner who must
be able to adapt, innovate, and think creatively – a skill set that is
becoming increasingly more important to career success as it is highly
sought after by employers. These learners differ from previous cohorts –
demographically, technologically, experientially, and they are seeking
learning that is customized, connected, amplified, authentic, relevant, and
resilient.

How can educators prepare students to compete in an ever-changing
innovation-driven environment shaped by new and future technologies? In
what ways do learners’ increased technological agency promote, frustrate or
change our pedagogy?  Are educators prepared to be part of that learning
space and be the guides and partners to this new way of learning and
teaching?

--
-----

AJ Kelton
Director of Emerging & Instructional Technology
     College of Humanities and Social Sciences - Montclair State University
Doctoral Candidate
     Educational Communication and Technology - New York University
Emerging Learning Design 2014
http://eld.montclair.edu
Twitter: @ELDConf <http://twitter.com/ELDConf>