[Air-L] Google Books lawsuit

Felix Stalder felix at openflows.com
Thu Nov 14 12:48:07 PST 2013

I'm somewhat conflicted about this. While I'm generally glad to see
fair use expanded, I think the judge misunderstood Google's business
model when citing in favor of fair use that Google "does not sell the
scans". They clearly wouldn't do it if they were not convinced that
making these books searchable is adding to their bottom-line by refining
user profiles.

Felix