[Air-L] Looking for a theory--traditional + new media = ?

Ryan S Eanes rse at uoregon.edu
Tue Oct 22 17:27:51 PDT 2013

Greetings all,

Some time ago I encountered a paper or chapter that
argued that so-called "traditional" (unidirectional) media such as radio
and television could in fact be considered interactive or
multidirectional thanks to the addition of other technologies like
Twitter, the Internet, etc.

I can't remember if this theory has a
name--does it ring any bells? I'm working on a paper that could use an
appropriate citation, if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

RE

--
Ryan S Eanes
Media Studies PhD Student & Graduate Teaching