[Air-L] Monitoring tags - a quick note on the unmonitorable

MC Cambre mcambre at ualberta.ca
Wed Oct 16 08:46:54 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,
Not to clog up your email, this did raise my eyebrows yesterday. In case
you have not seen it, snapchat's pictures usually self destruct in 10
seconds, giving a feeling of privacy, however, it seems the company has
been handing over unopened images to the feds. That is, they see it before
the user does.
Forensic software anyone?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/15/snapchat-hands-snaps-pictures-to-federal-law-enforcement

Kind regards,