[Air-L] Segmenting and annotating discussion forum communication

Jenny Myrendal jenny.myrendal at gu.se
Tue Oct 29 06:51:58 PDT 2013

Dear list,

I'm a Ph D student in Linguistics at the University of Gothenburg. For my dissertation, I'm studying word meaning negotiation in discussion forum communication. I wonder if anyone knows of any good annotation tools for text-based communication, i.e. some kind of "transcript" analysis tool well suited for asynchronous CMC? I need to be able to annotate segments of the discussion posts according to my own annotation categories. Also, if anyone has ideas about recent literature on how to segment asynchronous CMC in the most appropriate way, please feel free to share your references with me.

Thanks!

Jenny Myrendal