[Air-L] FW: Internet access and accessibility for people with disabilities

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 3 23:57:27 PDT 2013

Some thoughts from me a disabled person.

From: ptimusk at sympatico.ca
To: philippa.smith at aut.ac.nz
Subject: RE: [Air-L] Internet access and accessibility for people with disabilities
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 22:18:01 -0400

I would say for mental health issues you might look at poverty as a factor. Also hundreds of thousands of persons with disabilities in Ontario my home province in Canada and I know many, many more in the USA live with government income support. Which means not enough money to live on properly. You can't look at disability in the west without looking at poverty.

What really is accessibility on the web given this massive poverty factor.

Also I remember a homeless person telling me at a protest that homeless people have e-mail address when discussing how to campaign.