[Air-L] Digital Studies Fellowship / Library of Congress

danah boyd aoir.z3z at danah.org
Mon Sep 23 11:22:44 PDT 2013

This sounds like it's appropriate for someone on this list...

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Library of Congress <loc at service.govdelivery.com>
> Subject: New Digital Studies Fellowship Announced by The John W. Kluge Center—Dispatch September 17, 2013
> Date: September 17, 2013 11:42:13 AM EDT
> To: "Steinhauer, Jason MD" <jste at loc.gov>
>

> New Digital Studies Fellowship Announced by The John W. Kluge Center—Dispatch September 17, 2013
>
> The John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress announces a new Kluge Fellowship in Digital Studies for research related to the impact of the digital revolution on society, culture, and international relations. The application deadline is November 15, 2013.
>
> The new Kluge Fellowship in Digital Studies is open to scholars and practitioners worldwide for deep, empirically-grounded research into the consequences of the digital revolution on how people think, how society functions, and on international relations. Proposals may also explore and analyze emerging trends and new phenomena that may generate consequential changes in the future. All proposals must state the importance of the research to fundamental thinking about the human condition.
>
> Conducting full time research on-site at the Library of Congress, up to three (3) Fellows will be expected to engage in scholarly research on the digital revolution’s impact on how we think, how we live, and how we relate to one another. A stipend of $4,200 per month for a period of up to 11 months supports the Fellows. Scholars should include a discussion of how the resources of the Library of Congress will inform the intended research; scholars are encouraged to think creatively of how the Library’s collections may be used.
>
> Apply for the Kluge Fellowship in Digital Studies by visiting:
> http://www.loc.gov/loc/kluge/fellowships/kluge-digital.html
>
> For more information, email scholarly at loc.gov.
>
> The John W. Kluge Center was established at the Library of Congress in 2000 to foster a mutually enriching relationship between the world of ideas and the world of action, between scholars and political leaders. The Center attracts outstanding scholarly figures to Washington, D.C., facilitates their access to the Library’s remarkable collections, and helps them engage in conversation with policymakers and the public. Learn more at: http://www.loc.gov/kluge.
>
> This service is provided by the Library of Congress at www.LOC.gov.
> Unsubscribe or change your subscriber preferences
> For questions or problems with subscriptions, contactsupport at govdelivery.com
> Follow us: Blog | Facebook | Flickr | iTunes U | Twitter | YouTube

------

My New Book: "It's Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens"
Pre-Order it now!  http://bit.ly/dmbItsComplicated (pretty please)

"taken out of context / i must seem so strange" -- ani
http://www.danah.org/  || @zephoria