[Air-L] Request for Information Relevant to Online Dating within Student Populations

Danielle Couch dlcouch at optusnet.com.au
Thu Sep 12 17:37:38 PDT 2013

Dear Skaidra,

I did work in the area of online dating as part of my Master of Public
Health thesis, and then as part of a small subsequent grant.  I've had a few
publications out of this work - some on the findings and some based on the
methods. Details below. The reference lists in these publications will also
provide details on others publishing in the area.

Let me know if you have any issues accessing the publications.

Kind regards,
Danielle Couch

Couch, D, & Liamputtong, P (2013) Online Methods: Instant Messenger and
email in consideration. In Sappleton, N (ed.) Advancing Social and Business
Research Methods with New Media Technologies. IGI Global: Hershey, PA.

Couch, D, Liamputtong, P & Pitts, M (2012). What are the real and perceived
risks and dangers of online dating? Perspectives from online daters. Health,
Risk & Society, 14(7-8), 697-714.

Couch, D, Liamputtong, P & Pitts, M (2011). Online daters and the use of
technology for surveillance and risk management. The International Journal
of Emerging Technologies and Society, 9(2), 166-134.

Couch, D, & Liamputtong, P (2010) Online dating and mating: Methodological
and personal reflections on our journey. In Minichiello, V. & Kottler, J.
(eds.) Qualitative journeys: Student and mentor experiences with research.
Sage Publications: Thousand Oaks, CA, 103-123.

Couch, D, & Liamputtong, P (2008) Online dating and mating: The use of the
internet to meet sexual partners. Qualitative Health Research, 18(2),
268-279.

Couch, D, & Liamputtong, P (2007) Online dating and mating: Perceptions of
risk and health among online users. Health, Risk & Society, 9(3), 275-294.

Couch, D, & Liamputtong, P (2006) Dating and mating online: Some research
experiences. In Liamputtong, P. (ed.) Health research in cyberspace:
Methodological, practical and personal issues. New York: Nova Science
Publishers.