[Air-L] ASIST Annual Meeitng - Early reg.date extended to Sept 30

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Mon Sep 23 07:23:46 PDT 2013

Early registration deadline extended to Sept. 30, 2013

Beyond the Cloud:  Rethinking Information Boundaries
ASIS&T Annual Meeting, Nov. 1-6, Montreal, Canada

http://asis.org/asist2013/
	 83 papers contributed papers
	78 posters
	28 panels.

The program is extremely rich in content and will draw attendance from scholars and practitioners from information related fields all over the world.  The conference program focuses on research and technological development on the latest issues affecting information environments, information phenomena, and information users. The program sets to provide a wide range of research topics and related practical issues such as cloud-based metadata, biomedical research, social informatics to collective information seeking, adoption of social media, digital humanities and human information interaction, among others.  We hope that the discussions generated by the papers, panels and posters will contribute to expand our understanding of information problems and to help us in better addressing them in our research and professional endeavors.

Keynote speaker: Jorge Garcia, a Montreal-based expert in the area of business intelligence and data management. His work involves the assessment and implementation of information technologies.

This year, the Annual Meeting follows the 9th International Conference on Knowledge Management (ICKM), another great venue for learning about developments in information and knowledge management. The presence of ICKM attendees at ASIS&T Annual Meeting should provide additional opportunities for great discussions.

http://asis.org/asist2013/

.

Richard Hill
Executive Director
Association for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
(301) 495-0900