[Air-L] Request for Information Relevant to Online Dating within Student Populations

Ben Light ben.light at qut.edu.au
Thu Sep 12 19:04:17 PDT 2013

Hey Skaidra,

I did some work on this in relation to gay men and the site Gaydar.co.uk
(you can download the papers open access at my QUT eprints page here:
http://eprints.qut.edu.au/view/person/Light,_Ben.html )  It's not
concerned with student populations but I think there are some elements
that will transfer.

Also, you should also check out Sharif Mowlabowcus' Gaydar Culture book,
Elijah Cassidy's thesis on Gaydar and Facebook (also in the QUT ePrints
archive) and also Nicole Ellison's work in the area of online dating too.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ben.

Ben Light
PhD MSc BA(Hons)
Professor of Digital Media Studies

Creative Industries Faculty
School of Media, Entertainment and Creative Arts
Queensland University of Technology
Creative Industries Precinct Z1-515
Musk Avenue Kelvin Grove
QLD 4059 Australia