[Air-L] reading on surveilance

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Sep 13 05:27:53 PDT 2013

Here a're some of the better timelines that describe (w/links to sources/articles) of the NSA surveillance programs.  Might be helpful, or at least a decent resource for your students.

Timeline of NSA Domestic Spying
https://www.eff.org/nsa-spying/timeline

Mass Surveillance in America: A Timeline of Loosening Laws and Practices
http://projects.propublica.org/graphics/surveillance-timeline

How We Got From 9/11 to Massive NSA Spying on Americans: A Timeline
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/09/nsa-timeline-surveillance

Blog postings & articles from folks like Cory Doctorow, Ed Felten, and (especially) Bruce Schneier should be must-reads, IMHO.

Hope that helps some.

---