[Air-L] PhD Studentships

Ben Light ben.light at qut.edu.au
Sun Sep 15 17:25:24 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

Here at QUT our annual scholarships for PhD study are being recruited to
and I¹m looking to take on students.  If you are in the position to apply
please do so and also do pass this message on to anyone you think might be
interested too.  I¹m interested in working with people across a few areas:

€ Digital Media, Gender and Sexuality - and more specifically in respect
of men¹s lived experiences of the digital in everyday life.

€ The application of social media to health contexts ­ particularly in
relation to health education, behavior change and evaluation methodologies.

€ Comparative and historically informed analyses of the appropriation of
social media platforms that go beyond human agency approaches and engage
with the notion of taking the role of technology seriously.

A step-by-step guide to the PhD applications process at QUT is located
here:
http://www.qut.edu.au/study/applying/phd-and-research-degree-applications

Please read this and ensure you meet the selection criteria before
contacting me.  If you fit, then by all means do get in touch with your
proposal ideas. The QUT applications deadline for PhD projects starting in
2014 is 13 October 2013. QUT offers a range of scholarships for domestic
and international students; while I cannot guarantee that you will be
awarded a scholarship, quality PhD projects do stand a good chance of
receiving funding support.

For further information about PhD research at QUT, please see:
http://www.qut.edu.au/study/phds-and-research-degrees/phds

Cheers,

Ben.

Ben Light
PhD MSc BA(Hons)
Professor of Digital Media Studies

Creative Industries Faculty
School of Media, Entertainment and Creative Arts
Queensland University of Technology
Creative Industries Precinct Z1-515
Musk Avenue Kelvin Grove
QLD 4059 Australia