[Air-L] Article/literature on "algorithms" and "geodata"?

Mark Graham mark.graham at oii.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 10:44:43 PDT 2014

Hi Daniel. This is something my colleague Matt Zook and I have written
about. See:

Zook, M. & M. Graham. 2007. The Creative Reconstruction of the Internet:
Google and the <http://geospace.co.uk/files/Zook_Graham_2007_Geoforum.pdf>
Privatization <http://geospace.co.uk/files/Zook_Graham_2007_Geoforum.pdf>of
Cyberspace and
<http://geospace.co.uk/files/Zook_Graham_2007_Geoforum.pdf>DigiPlace<http://geospace.co.uk/files/Zook_Graham_2007_Geoforum.pdf>
. *Geoforum*, 38, 1322-1343
or more recently:

Graham, M., M. Zook., and A. Boulton. 2013. Augmented Reality in the Urban
Environment: contested content and the duplicity of
code.<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1475-5661.2012.00539.x/abstract>
*Transactions
of the Institute of British Geographers. *38(3), 464-479. (pre-publication
version here <http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2427629>)

Also check out the great work that Rob Kitchin and Martin Dodge have been
doing on code spaces (mitpress.mit.edu/books/*codespace)*.
Best,
Mark

Dr Mark Graham

Senior Research Fellow