[Air-L] 2014 APSA ITP Best Software Award – nominations due 5/16

Deen Freelon dfreelon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:50:18 PDT 2014

[please redistribute as appropriate]

The Information Technology & Politics (ITP) section of the American
Political Science Association (APSA) invites nominations for the "Best
software award for research and teaching in the area of Information
Technology and Politics." The eligibility rules are as follows:

•    The first major release of the software must have been in 2013.
•    The software must hold some relevance to research and/or teaching
in the area of information technology and politics.

Beyond that, I would like to invite anyone who has developed potentially
ITP-relevant software to submit it for consideration. You don’t have to
be a member of the ITP section or even of APSA as long as your software
meets the two above conditions. You may also nominate software packages
developed by others that you have found useful in your ITP-related
scholarly research or teaching.

Please email all nominations to Deen Freelon <dfreelon at gmail.com>, chair
of the ITP Software Award Committee. Include a link from which the
software may be downloaded and any other information you feel might help
the committee reach a decision (e.g. data on frequency of use, example
use cases, etc.).

We will accept submissions until Friday, May 16, 2014. Feel free to
contact me with any questions you may have.

Best,

Deen Freelon
Chair, ITP Software Award Committee 2014

--
Deen Freelon, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
dfreelon at gmail.com