[Air-L] Cultural and Ethical Challenges in digital/social media (HICSS-48)

Robert Mason rmmason at uw.edu
Wed Apr 2 13:24:30 PDT 2014

Of interest to those researching cultural and ethical aspects of information and knowledge work:  This mini-track at HICSS (January 2015; papers due June 15, and we welcome reviewers) addresses a broadening range of social and ethical issues that are associated with the affordances of digital and social media.  Papers are due June 15.

We welcome both conceptual/theoretical and empirical papers (including case studies).  Conceptual papers would address foundational concepts of ethical conduct and social changes in periods of rapid change.  For example, we would welcome papers that explore new metaphors for thinking about information exchange in communities and societies.  Empirical papers would draw on studies of digital and social media data or present case studies that illustrate the social and ethical dimensions of the use or dissemination of such data, including "big social data."

See the full call for papers here:  http://bit.ly/1my805g

For feedback on ideas and abstracts, contact the chairs:  rmmason at uw.edu<mailto:rmmason at uw.edu> and dpford at mun.ca<mailto:dpford at mun.ca> .