[Air-L] SOS: want to randomly fill address field in a spreadsheet

Peter Timusk peterotimusk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 17:05:00 PDT 2014

Google a postcode or zip code file for the map area. Use the zip code or
postal code list as your index. Do the research to fill in other address
information you will need later. You should now have an excel file with one
row per address. You are now done step 1 in your request.

Then using Steven's help suggestion create a random variable in a column
beside the address info. Setting the random variable is what is known as
sampling in a sense. Say a random number between 0 and 1 and if greater
than 0.5 you select them if less you don't select them. You can filter your
address list on the value of the random variable and presto you have your
list of addresses randomly selected.

If you can't do this then hire a statistician. Read a book on sampling
methods.