[Air-L] Readings on theory of science for communication and computing..

Taina Bucher wfg568 at hum.ku.dk
Wed Aug 6 07:54:07 PDT 2014

Dear AoIRists,

I'm looking for some readings for an undergraduate class on the theory of science in communication and IT. I am particularly looking for readings that concern the disciplinary overlaps, differences and boundaries between media and communications and computer science.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions for articles or chapters dealing with the interdisciplinary opportunities and challenges between these fields from a philosophy of science perspective?

Some context on the course and study programme: The syllabus already contains some basic philosophy of science (logical positivism, critical rationalism, critical realism etc), communication theory as a field, traditions of computing, and some STS. The course is part of the BA in Communication and IT, an interdisciplinary programme between the Humanities (media and communications) and Computer science (HCI, CSCW). The readings I'm looking for would be for the very last class, which aims to offer some kind of synthesis and alternative perspectives on the theory of science in communication and IT.

Many thanks!

--
Taina Bucher
Assistant Professor

Department of Media, Cognition, and Communication
University of Copenhagen
Karen Blixensvej 4
DK-2300 Copenhagen S