[Air-L] Call for Chapter, Book on Video Game Sex and Sexuality

Matthew Wy. m-wysocki at juno.com
Wed Aug 6 12:53:36 PDT 2014

Call for Completed Chapter, Book Project on Video Games

“Rated M for Mature: Sex and Sexuality in Video Games”

We are looking for a single completed chapter for our edited collection. We have a signed contract with a publisher and a delivery date of January of 2015 but have lost one of our submissions due to unforeseen circumstances. So we need to replace it with a completed or mostly completed submission.

The focus of the collection, as can be seen in the title, is Sex and Sexuality in Video Games.

Our three sections:

The (R)Evolution of Video Games and Sex
 - Chapters on the history of sex and sexuality in video games, including censorship, translation, and production

Video Games and Sexual (Dis)Embodiment
 - Analyses of the body, player interaction, and sexual identity and performance in gameplay

Systems/Spaces of Sexual (Im)Possibilities
 - Analyses and close-readings of game spaces and mechanics, with attention to sexuality and sex as mechanics, representative features, or spatial dimensions of play"

If you have something you feel would fit in with one of these themes, please send it along with a short author(s) bio to Matthew Wysocki (mwysocki at flagler.edu) or Evan W. Lauteria (ewlauteria at ucdavis.edu). We are looking for submission around 5600 words.