[Air-L] Readings on online advocacy?

Jeanine Finn jefinn at ischool.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 11 11:17:16 PDT 2014

I like The Myth of Digital Democracy. It has some good history and background of the “mechanics” of the web too:
	Hindman, Matthew. The myth of digital democracy. Princeton University Press, 2008.

And this is a pretty interesting case study on the role of Twitter in the Egyptian revolution (and ties into some framing theory):
	Meraz, Sharon, and Zizi Papacharissi. "Networked gatekeeping and networked framing on# Egypt." The international journal of press/politics (2013): 1940161212474472.

-jeanine

Jeanine Finn
Doctoral Student
School of Information