[Air-L] Study finds reduced feelings of personal well-being

Javier de Rivera javier at socialmediasociology.com
Sun Aug 31 03:52:10 PDT 2014

Also, another question that we should ask ourselves is whether is not
the "medium" (social media, tv, books, etc.) what matters alone, but
also the content and the the way it works.

In this sense, the dynamics of any media are different at its beginning
than when it's a mature technology. The original TV educational
programing of the 50s to 70s, cannot produced the same effects as the
commercial-entertainment paradigm from then. In the internet there is a
similar process going on, towards the commercialization of the spaces of
interaction (the actual social media) in comparison with the rudimentary
almost-self-made web of the 90's.

Javier de Rivera.

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/530401/evidence-grows-that-online-social-networks-have-insidious-negative-effects/

http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2014/08/sundews-drosera-prolifera-planning-to.html