[Air-L] Research inquiry

Noha Nagi noha.a.nagi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 13:28:27 PDT 2014

Dear Professors and colleagues,

I am starting a research using facebook data. I am newbie in this area and
looking for a software or a way to automatically extract historical
facebook data from (Arabic) facebook pages.

Data needed include:
- posts;
- comments;
- date &time of posts and comments; and
- some information about people that post and comment
  (for example: name, gender, age, location,...etc as much as we can get).

I tried NodeXL. It helped me collect much of these requirements but not the
*date/time *of posts and comments and this is crucial for my study. I aim
to study a social phenomenon and its evolution through time.

*Can anyone advice or suggest another software?*

I appreciate your advice/comments,
Thank you all,
Yours,
*Noha A.Nagi*
Lab assistant,Faculty of Economics & Political Science,Cairo University