[Air-L] recommendation for readings

AJ Kelton ajk407 at nyu.edu
Wed Aug 13 06:34:43 PDT 2014

Hello fellow listers.  I'm resending this message from a couple of days ago
because I'm certain that there are folks out there who can make a
recommendation on an article or two that s/he might be familiar with.  To
clarify, I'm looking for readings in any or each of these areas, not all of
them combined.

Looking for suggestions on seminal works in any of the following areas.
 I'm sure there are tons of readings, and I'm happy to receive suggestions
on good articles, but I'm specifically looking for those handful of works
that would be considered core to any of each of these concepts:

   - pre-internet comparisons of efficacy between traditional
   (face-to-face) and courses offered in others modes (correspondence,
   television, etc...)
   - the digital divide
   - "no significant difference"
   - characteristics of online students (especially if comparing to
   face-to-face students)

thx
aj