[Air-L] text analysis -nostalgia

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 27 08:29:11 PDT 2014

The discussion for Corpus Analysis reminds me of the General Inquirer,
created (almost solely) by the late great Philip J Stone III. It was a
major basis for my 1969 dissertation, analyzing "Who Am I?" statements of
9th graders in Pittsburgh. Did a few early papers on it too.

There's a book on the GI that some libraries may have. While Phil is gone,
supposedly there is a Foundation. I was initially asked to be on the
board, but I never heard anything.

So everything old is new again

   Barry Wellman
   FRSC		              NetLab Network              INSNA Founder
                      Faculty of Information (iSchool)
   University of Toronto                          Toronto Canada M5S 3G6
   MIT Press            http://amzn.to/zXZg39      Print $15  Kindle $9
                  Old/NewCyberTimes http://bit.ly/c8N9V8