[Air-L] an ethical question or two

Peter Timusk peterotimusk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 11:12:13 PDT 2014

Charles there is a new decision from the Supreme Court of Canada in R. v
Spencer that states that Internet users have an expectation of privacy.
While I am not answering directly because I am not  a lawyer you may find
this interesting to consider.

Here is the case and it is not long to read. The court I think decides that
the child porn distributor is committing  a serious crime so his privacy
can be invaded.. There are in the decision statements about an Internet
user's privacy expectations that are quite clear and I welcome the courts
statements.

http://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/14233/index.do?r=AAAAAQAjSW50ZXJuZXQgYW5kIHByaXZhY3kgYW5kIGluZGl2aWR1YWwAAAAAAQ