[Air-L] LAST CALL: ABSTRACT SUBMISSION WILL BE CLOSED ON DECEMBER THE 7th (ICCSS Helsinki)

news at iccss2015.eu news at iccss2015.eu
Mon Dec 1 07:06:36 PST 2014

***APOLOGIES FOR MULTIPLE POSTINGS***

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

International Conference on Computational Social Science
Finlandia Hall, Helsinki, Finland, 8-11 June 2015

WEBSITE

http://www.iccss2015.eu/

IMPORTANT DATES

Deadline for abstract submission: 7 December 2014, 23:59 GMT
Opening of registration: 15 January 2015
Conference dates: 8-11 June 2015

CONFERENCE FEE

We are seeking continuously funds for the conference, but we can
anticipate that the conference fee for early registration will be of
about 350 euro for regular participants and around 200 euro for
students.

EVENT OVERVIEW

The conference will bring together scientists from different areas to
meet and discuss problems on social systems and dynamics, as well as
research questions motivated by large datasets, either extracted from
real applications (e.g. social media, communication systems), or
created via controlled experiments.

PROGRAM CHAIRS

Karen Cook (Stanford)
Santo Fortunato (Aalto University)
Michael Macy (Cornell)

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS

Opening talk by Michael Macy (Cornell)

Lada Adamic (Facebook)
Sinan Aral (MIT)
Albert-Laszlo Barabasi (Northeastern University and CEU)
Nicholas Christakis (Yale)
Robin Dunbar  (Oxford)
Andreas Flache (University of Groeningen)
Dirk Helbing (ETH Zurich)
Matthew Jackson (Stanford)
David Lazer (Northeastern University)
Jure Leskovec (Stanford)
Alex Pentland (MIT)
Alessandro Vespignani (Northeastern University)
Duncan Watts (Microsoft)

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Santo Fortunato (Aalto University)
Aristides Gionis (Aalto)
Heikki Hämmäinen (Aalto)
Kimmo Kaski (Aalto)
Walter Quattrociocchi (IMT Lucca)
Jari Saramäki (Aalto)
Juuso Valimäki (Aalto)

TOPICS OF INTEREST INCLUDE (but are not limited to)

Social networks
Social contagion
Communication dynamics
Information diffusion and other spreading phenomena
Social influence
Crowd-sourcing
Popularity dynamics
Smart cities
Attention economics
Social design and user behavior
Group formation, evolution and group behavior analysis
Human mobility
Mobility and context-awareness
Economics of trust

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Contributions to the conference have to be submitted via Easychair
(https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ic2s2), the name of the event
there is IC2S2.
Each submission consists of an extended abstract of max 2 pages.
Please give a sufficiently detailed description of your work, put at
least one figure, otherwise it will be difficult for the PC to assess
its relevance. Short, paper-like abstracts will not be considered.
Abstracts do not need to refer to unpublished work. If the work is
published or under submission elsewhere it is fine. We want to give to
everyone the opportunity to present the most relevant work to the
topics of the conference. There will be no proceedings, but we are
going to have a special issue in EPJ Data Science
(http://www.epjdatascience.com/), where selected contributions will be
published. Authors of those contributions would be invited to submit
full papers after the conference. Each extended abstract will be
reviewed by two PC members. Abstracts can be submitted from September
the 15th till December 7th, 2014. We will do out best to have mostly
oral presentations of the selected contributions, both plenary and in
parallel sessions. However, we are probably going to have a poster
session as well. During the submission process, you will be asked to
specify whether your contribution is intended for a) Plenary session
presentation, b) Parallel session presentation or c) Poster session
presentation. The final allocation of each contribution will be
decided by the Program Committee.

CONTACT

For any question you might have please contact Prof. Santo Fortunato
(santo.fortunato at aalto.fi)