[Air-L] Special issue on "Religion in Digital Games" is online!

Simone Heidbrink simone.heidbrink at zegk.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Feb 21 01:47:11 PST 2014

Dear all,

The editors of "online - Heidelberg Journal of Religions on the
Internet" (http://online.uni-hd.de) are pleased to announce the
publication of the special issue "Religion in Digital Games" featuring a
multitude of exciting scientific perspectives on videogames as new
research focus in Cultural and Religious Studies by authors from many
different disciplines. It includes articles on theory and method as well
as case studies with a focus on both game content and the player.

We hope the articles assembled in this issue will contribute to
encouraging further academic debate on the topic of religion in digital
games and help openig up the field for even more motivated and
enthusiastic scholars and research projects.

The journal is keen to collect high quality scholarship on issues
relating to religions on the Internet and welcomes submissions
pertaining to all aspects of theses matters anytime to be published in
our next issue scheduled for fall 2014! Of course we will gladly
consider the publication of further articles related to religion and
video games as well as any other topic fitting the scope of the journal.
Submissions and queries should be send to the following address:
online.religion at zegk.uni-heidelberg.de

Best regards

Simone Heidbrink & Tobias Knoll
(editors of the special issue)

--
Simone Heidbrink, M.A.

Institut für Religionswissenschaft
Zentrum für Europäische Geschichts- und Kulturwissenschaften (ZEGK)
Universität Heidelberg
Akademiestr. 4-8
D - 69117 Heidelberg

fon: ++49-(0)6221-54 74 82