[Air-L] Facebook and the construction of (migrants') identities

Galina Nikiporets-Takigawa gn254 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 07:05:27 PST 2014

Hi, Johnny,

With apologise for self-promotion and not being directly related (not
about Facebook), but relevant - two chapters on digital communication in
identities construction of post-soviet migrants in the UK:

(2013) ‘Digital debates on Soviet memory in the national identity
construction of post-soviet migrants’, in Negotiating Linguistic,
Cultural and Social Identities in the Post-Soviet World, Sarah Smith and
Conny Opitz eds., Peter Lang, 163-182. ISBN 978-3-0343-0840-3 pb.

(2010) ‘Digital communication of the Russian-speaking community as a
reflection of language contact and performance of identity’, in
Instrumentarium of Linguistics. Sociolinguisitc Approaches to
Non-Standard Russian, Arto Mustajoki et al. eds., Slavica Helsingiensia
40, 369-380.

Both PDFs are available here
https://cambridge.academia.edu/GalinaNikiporetsTakigawa,

Best,