[Air-L] Selfies Research Network

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Sat Feb 8 16:08:53 PST 2014

An International Legal Hackers Data Privacy Hackathon, is happening this
weekend, At the NYC location, one group is hacking legal solutions to
revenge porn. You can see a brief introduction late in the last few minutes
of www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu_H_Bgt9po - where they note most of the raw
material comes from selfies.

What is briefly discussed is possibly the creation of a new copyright
registration category for what are private thus technically unpublished
works, in order that the DMCA can be invoked if the selfies are exploited
by others.

More info
https://www.hackerleague.org/hackathons/data-privacy-legal-hackathon/hacks/using-copyright-to-remove-revenge-pornography-selfies

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Terri Senft <tsenft at gmail.com> wrote:

> Selfies Research Network, anyone?
>
> Yes we  made on. Yes ,it's already fantastic, Yes you are invited if you
> are researching in the area of selfies, digital photography, autobiography,
> performance, etc.
>
> Yes, we are ESPECIALLY interested  to hear from you if you do research with
> populations outside of North America or Europe, or work in languages other
> than English.
>
> Our Facebook group is here:
>
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/664091916962292/
>
> See you there!
>
> Terri
>
> p.s. Scholars from China and other places Facebook is blocked. I
> desperately want to hear from you, and am open to thoughts about how to
> include you in the conversation/research. Please write me personally to
> think through these issues. We will figure something out, I promise!!
>

> --
> <http://goog_689013053>
>
> <http://goog_689013053>
>
> Dr. Theresa M. Senft
> Global Liberal Studies Program
> School of Arts & Sciences
> New York University
> 726 Broadway  NY NY 10003
>
> home: *www.terrisenft.net <http://goog_689013053>*
> (needs a serious updating)
> facebook: www.facebook.com/theresa.senft
> twitter: @terrisenft

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com