[Air-L] Facebook and the construction of (migrants') identities

Leurs, K.H.A. (Koen) K.H.A.Leurs at uu.nl
Wed Feb 5 06:27:53 PST 2014

Dear Johnny,

Kindly consider these publications (apologies for the self-promotion)

Hepp, A., Bozdag, C. & Suna, L. (2012). Mediatized migrants: Media cultures and
 	communicative networking in the diaspora. In L. Fortunati, R. Pertierra & J.
 	Vincent (Eds.), Migrations, diaspora, and information technology in global societies, (pp.
 	172-188). London: Routledge.

Leurs, K. & Ponzanesi, S. (2013). Intersectionality, digital identities and
 	 migrant youths. In C. Carter, L. Steiner & L. McLaughlin (Eds.), Routledge
 	companion to media and gender. London: Routledge.
Leurs, K. & Ponzanesi, S. (2013). Bits of homeland. In C. Ponte & M.
 	Georgiou (Eds.) Special issue on Media, technology and the migrant family.
  	Observatorio (OBS*), 7 (1).
Leurs, K., Midden, E. & Ponzanesi, S. (2012). Digital multiculturalism in the
   	Netherlands: Religious, ethnic, and gender positioning by Moroccan-Dutch youth.
 	Religion and Gender, 2 (1), 150-175.
Leurs, K. & Ponzanesi, S. (2011). Mediated crossroads: Youthful digital diasporas.
  	M/C Journal, 14(2), http://journal.media-culture.org.au/
Leurs, K. & Ponzanesi, S. (2011). Communicative spaces of their own. Migrant girls
 	performing selves using Instant Messaging software. Feminist Review, 99, 55-78.

Mainsah, H. (2011). Transcending the national imaginery: Digital online media and
 	the transnational networks of ethnic minority youth in norway. In E. Eide &
 	K. Nikunen (Eds.), Media in motion: Cultural complexity and migration in the
 	Nordic region, (pp. 201-219). Surrey: Ashgate.
Mainsah, H. (2009). Ethnic minorities and digital technologies. New spaces for
 	constructing identity. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Oslo University,
  	Norway.

Hope these are useful,

Best wishes,

Koen.
Koen Leurs, PhD
| Marie Curie Postdoctoral Researcher, LSE |