[Air-L] sentiment analysis on Twitter for smoking cessation groups

Shulman, Stu stu at texifter.com
Fri Feb 14 07:42:36 PST 2014

Ashley,

You might want to chat with the Health Media Collaboratory
http://www.healthmediacollaboratory.org/

They have done interesting work with our tools:
https://vimeo.com/55175059

We interviewed researchers at the University of Illinois Chicago in
the Health Media Collaboratory about their use of DiscoverText and the
Gnip-enabled Power Track for Twitter to study smoking behavior. The
team, led by Dr. Sherry Emery, explains why it is important to train
and use custom machine classifiers to sort the millions of tweets they
are collecting from the full Twitter fire hose. The UIC team strongly
argues for the combination of good tools and highly reliable data.