[Air-L] New BA Digital Culture at King's College London

Jordan, Timothy timothy.jordan at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 21 02:39:59 PST 2014

Dear all,

I hope this will be of interest to a few of you as another part of developing research and teaching on the internet and the digital.  We're launching a single honours undergrad degree BA Digital Culture in London, recruiting now but first intake in September 2015. We are aiming at a non-programming course that focuses on cultural and social analysis of the effects of the internet and the digital. There'll be some chances for 'hands on' stuff, including digital methods, but the primary focus is the kinds of cultures we research.

The syllabus etc. is here: : www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/ddh/study/ug/digitalculture.aspx

As a related issue, I wonder if there'd be any interest in a mailing list or group focused on developing AOIR's mission toward UG and PG teaching?

Cheers Tim

Dr Tim Jordan,
Senior Lecturer Department of Digital Humanities and Department of Culture, Media and Creative Industries,
Creative Arts Administrative Centre,
Room 5D, D Floor,
Chesham Building,
King's College London,