[Air-L] NYU Accepting Applications for Social Computing Research Fellow

danah boyd aoir.z3z at danah.org
Sat Jan 25 22:23:11 PST 2014

This might be of interest to folks on this list:

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Dove Helena Pedlosky <dove at nyu.edu>
> Subject: NYU Accepting Applications for Social Computing Research Fellow
> Date: January 25, 2014 7:02:24 PM EST
> To: danah boyd <danah at danah.org>
>
> Social Computing Research Fellow 2014
>
> The Department of Media, Culture, and Communication at New York University is pleased to announce the availability of a postdoctoral position as a Social Computing Research Fellow.
>
> Fellows conduct foundational research into the relationships between information technologies and society as part of the Intel Science and Technology Center (ISTC) for Social Computing. In addition to pursuing independently defined projects, the fellow will work with Professors Helen Nissenbaum and Erica Robles-Anderson and will also have opportunities to work with leading researchers in social computing, digital culture, and values in design, members of the Center at other participating universities.
>
> We welcome applications from a variety of disciplines, including engineering and computer sciences, philosophy, design, information sciences, STS, media studies, law, and traditional social sciences and the humanities.
>
> These one-year positions may be renewable for a second year; teaching in the department may be an option, depending on availability and interest. Fellows also assist with project-related administration and events.
>
> Interested candidates should apply via email to Jamie Schuler (jamie.schuler at nyu.edu), Grants Administrator, Department of Media, Culture, and Communication. Please include: CV with cover letter, writing sample or representative publication, and the names of three references, including relationship, and contact information (email addresses and phone numbers).
>
> Applicants who have not yet earned their degrees must provide a letter from their academic advisor confirming the expectation of degree by start of the fellowship. Review of applications will begin February 28, 2014.
>
> Consult socialcomputing.uci.edu for information about the ISTC.
>
> ** NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer **

------

My New Book: "It's Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens"
Pre-Order it now!  http://bit.ly/dmbItsComplicated (pretty please)

"taken out of context / i must seem so strange" -- ani
http://www.danah.org/  || @zephoria