[Air-L] Call for Chapters: Media Ethics, Edited Collection

Paul Booth pbooth81 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 09:49:36 PST 2014

Sorry for any cross posting!

Call for Chapters: Media Ethics, Edited Collection

 Editors:

Paul Booth, DePaul University

Amber Davisson, DePaul University

 Among readers as well as teachers and students, there is a strong interest
in understanding the complex ethical issues raised by seemingly omnipresent
media forces. We invite submissions for an edited collection that deals
broadly with current issues in contemporary media ethics. The book will
deal with ethical issues facing both media producers and consumers. We
welcome essays that discuss ethical issues facing media professionals in
both print and broadcast journalism, advertising, public relations, and
entertainment. These essays may deal with issues raised by emerging
technologies, convergence media, or more established mass media outlets.
Beyond the discussion of ethical issues facing media professionals, we are
also invite essays that address private media consumption and production
practices. We are interested in both classical and contemporary
philosophical approaches to media ethics

 Essays may explore, but are certainly not limited to, the following topics:

 ·         Changing perspectives on media and privacy

·         The evolution of intellectual property rights (copyright,
trademark, and patent law)

·         Citizen Journalist

·         Pornography

·         Information Ethics

·         Comedy News Shows

·         Political Opinion/Commentary Shows

·         Photoshop

·         Defamation

·         Diversity and Representation in Film and Television

·         Native Advertising

·         Public Relations and Strategic Communication

Please submit proposals of 300-500 words with a brief biographical
statement and contact information via email attachment to Paul Booth and
Amber Davisson at adavisso at depaul.edu no later than March 30th 2014. Notice
of acceptance will be sent out by May 2014 and completed essays accepted
for publication will be due in September 2014.

--
Paul Booth, PhD
Assistant Professor of Media and Cinema Studies/Communication Technology