[Air-L] Research of Facebook public groups

Page, Ruth (Dr.) rep22 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Jan 22 01:49:09 PST 2014

Dear AoIR list members,

I'm doing some work from a discourse analysis perspective on the way interactions on Facebook public groups take place. I'm specifically looking at the RIP pages set up in response to the death of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.

I'm familiar with a lot of the research literature on Facebook, but most of what I know is based on studies that examined personal Facebook accounts/wall interactions.

Can anyone please recommend studies of Facebook groups? I'm especially interested in anything that has a linguistic/discourse analysis focus, but it would also be good to learn from studies from a more general social science perspective too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Ruth

Dr Ruth Page
Room 1509, Attenborough Tower