[Air-L] Research on agenda setting and social media

Kaarina Nikunen Kaarina.Nikunen at uta.fi
Thu Jan 23 03:35:12 PST 2014

Hi Ilona,

This might be of interest:

Horsti, K. & Nikunen, K. (2013) Ethics of Hospitality in Changing
Journalism: The Response to the Rise of the Anti-Immigrant Movement in
Finnish Media Publicity. European Journal of Cultural Studies 16(4):
489-504.

https://www.academia.edu/4785645/Ethics_of_Hospitality_A_response_to_the_rise_of_the_anti-immigrant_movement_in_Finnish_media_publicity

The article refersuses agenda setting theory to examine how social
media discussions are identified in the mainstream media in the case
of immigration debate in Finland.

Best,
Kaarina

Lainaus Ilona GRZYWINSKA <ilonagrzywinska at gmail.com>:

> Dear Fellow Researchers,
>
> I am looking for any interesting recent studies on the impact of social
> media on agenda setting in traditional media. I am currently designing a
> qualitative research on the topic and collecting materials that could help.
>
> Thank you so much:)
>
> Best Regards
>
> Ilona Grzywińska
>
> PhD candidate
> University of Warsaw
>
> Twitter: @igrzywinska

Kaarina Nikunen
Professor of Media Culture 1.1.-31.12.2014
School of Communication, Media and Theater
33014 University of Tampere
Finland
Tel: +358-40-1904094
Homepage:
http://www.uta.fi/cmt/en/contact/staff/kaarinanikunen/index.html

BOOKS:
Media in Motion: Cultural Complexity and Migration in the Nordic
Region (Ashgate, 2011, co-editor Elisabeth Eide)

Pornification: Sex and Sexuality in Media Culture
(Berg, 2007, co-editors Susanna Paasonen and Laura Saarenmaa)