[Air-L] Looking for recommendatio of Apps for doing Ethnography

Heidi Campbell hcampbe1 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 04:41:57 PST 2014

Howdy! I am looking for recommendations of apps for doing ethnographic work.

 I am mapping out a new project and have found there are a growing number of research apps out there for doing qualitative data collection in the field. I am wondering what experience AoIR folks have had with these tools, and which ones seem to be the best and most versatile, especially for recording field notes, organizing data and if they seem to work best when using tablets of phone platforms.

Cheers

Heidi Campbell
Associate Professor of Communication
Texas A&M University