[Air-L] Sources on advocacy email structure/best practices/as data for content analysis

Luis Hestres luishestres at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 11:23:36 PST 2014

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend any books or chapter(s), article(s), white paper(s), case studies, etc. that talk about the “proper” way to structure advocacy emails? Looking for sources (academic or not) that talk about things like proper message/paragraph length, structure (as in something similar to the pyramid structure of news articles), etc.

Even sources that discuss advocacy emails in general (e.g. as part of content analyses) would help.

Thanks!

- - - - -
Luis E. Hestres
Ph.D. candidate | School of Communication | American University
More about me at luishestres.com (http://luishestres.com/) or LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/in/hestres) | Follow me on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/luishestres/) | Visit my SSRN Author page (http://ssrn.com/author=1820222)

"Theoretical critiques are like sociopaths: Their aggressive drives are rarely balanced by constructive instincts."  -- From "Caught in a Winding, Snarling Vine: The Structural Bias of Political Process Theory" by Jeff Goodwin and James M. Jasper, Sociological Forum 14(1), 1999