[Air-L] Seeking research on use of privacy and security tools

gus andrews gus.andrews at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 07:45:31 PST 2014

I'm working at the Open Internet Tools Project, starting a track on Secure
User Practices -- both studying how users understand their privacy,
anonymity, and security online, and developing better teaching materials to
help everyone protect their privacy and security.

I'm specifically interested in learning more about user practices on the
ground, especially in non-Western cultures, which impact their privacy and
security. If anyone has references on the topic, could you please send them
along to me off-list? (I'll digest the list once it's done and post it
here.)

Thanks!
Gillian "Gus" Andrews
Senior Program Associate